The Product Field is standing on the shoulders of giants. Share This
- As an introduction to the complexity of innovation, Stephen J. Kline’s and Nathan Rosenberg’s seminal article "An Overview of Innovation" is still unsurpassed.
- For a different, yet related take on Product Thinking, read Nikkel Blaase’s well-knownv Medium post "Why Product Thinking is the next big thing in UX Design".
- Our framework for describing complex adaptive systems is largely based on Robert Axelrod’s and Michael D. Cohen’s book "Harnessing Complexity"..
- The concept of a Cognitive Medium has, to our knowledge, first been put forward in Michael Nielsen’s inspiring blog post "Toward an Exploratory Medium for Mathematics". It goes back to Douglas Engelbart’s "Augmenting Human Intellect: A Conceptual Framework", Alan Kay and Adele Goldberg’s "Personal Dynamic Media", and research by Donald Norman, Edwin Hutchins and others on distributed cognition and cognitive artifacts.
- A comprehensive theory of conceptual spaces, their significance and construction can be found in Peter Gärdenfors’s book "Conceptual Spaces"..
- Barbara Tversky presents a thorough account of the visualization techniques and theories our (and pretty much every) canvas is based on in "Visualizing Thought".